Got a sunburn? Here are some of our best tips and K-Beauty products to help heal a sunburn fast!
If you have been doing any of the 9 Common Sunscreen Mistakes, it’s no surprise that you can walk away from a beach day with an unfortunate, painful sunburn. Whether it’s from not applying enough sunscreen, missing some spots, or forgetting to reapply every two hours, trying to heal sunburned skin can be quite a pain. Literally.
If you have accidentally gotten a sunburn, here are some SOS SUNBURN REMEDIES you can follow:
- Soothe your skin with cool compresses soaked in cold milk and aloe vera.
- Keep your skin moist with cold water. Adding a few cubes of ice will help make it feel better.
- Burns make you dehydrated so it’s important to rehydrate by drinking extra liquids, including water and sports drinks that help to replenish electrolytes.
- Apply cold, plain yogurt on your burn for 10 minutes. Yogurts contain probiotics that can help restore your skin’s natural barrier.
- While your skin is healing, you should avoid both physical and chemical exfoliation, including glycolic acids, salicylic acid, and salt, sand, or sugar scrubs. What you should be doing is continue moisturising your skin. Use lots of aloe vera, as well as creams and lotions that have soothing, highly moisturising properties.
Product Recommendations for Sunburn
Here are some of the best Korean skin care products to help treat sunburn fast and protect your skin from the sun:
The I’m From Honey Mask contains 38.7% pure honey, which is known for its antibacterial properties. Honey has been used to heal wound for years, and not only does this deep moisturising mask instantly restore moisture to parched skin, it can also help maintain nourished skin under extreme heat exposure.
The Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream has been formulated to provide the skin with long-term hydration, making it an ideal pick for those hot, summer months. The product contains yeast-derived Beta Glucan, which helps improve the skin’s natural defenses and its ability to self-heal or repair. This soothing cream also helps your skin retain moisture to prevent it from drying up and turning red when exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
This COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence comprises of 96% skin-friendly snail secretion filtrate that is effective at repairing damaged skin. COSRX is known for its short ingredients list, which only contains essentials that nourish, repair and revitalise the skin. Even when your skin is not sunburned, snail mucin has the ability to repair everything from dry patches, to acne breakouts while helping zap hyperpigmentation!
The Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream is perfect for irritated skin. Guaiazulene, the main ingredient that makes this cream blue, has been shown in studies to help regenerate damaged tissue. In fact, it is a primary ingredient in many Japanese burn ointments. The cream will form a thin, protective layer over your skin that heals while keeping it safe from exposure to outside elements.
COSRX Aloe Vera Oil-free Moisture Cream is a highly-concentrated aloe cream that moisturises and calms your skin, while strengthening your moisture barrier to prevent sagging skin or any other future skin problems. Formulated with 90% Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water and 200-times concentration of aloe vera leaf juice powder, this cream is perfect to calm sunburned skin and is suitable for use on both face and body.